Monday, January 9, 2012

J. C. is in the house!!! And Travel Approval!!

All in a matter of the last 18 hours- 2 major events have happened.  First,  I was finally able to achieve an item on my bucket list.  No, I am not about to kick the bucket.  At least, I hope not! I have wanted to meet Jimmy Carter ever since I was about 6 years old.  I thought he was the best thing since "peanut" butter.  Pun intended- he is from South Georgia where they grow peanuts. Anyways, for our 19th anniversary this year, Marcus scheduled a weekend in Plains and Americus, Georgia at a the Americus Garden Bed and Breakfast followed the next morning by a trip to Maranatha Baptist Church to see Jimmy Carter teach Sunday School class.  He (I mean Jimmy Carter, but Marcus is pretty cool, too! Ha) was so amazing and down to earth.  He is humble and gracious.  Oh my goodness, I've always respected his humanitarian rights activist work, but to meet him in person and see how genuine he is was quite incredible! He is has such strong moral convictions.  No wonder he couldn't survive 2 terms in the White House.  He was too moral for our political system. You can see the pictures below.  I also will have enlargements made for my house, my 2 offices, parents, and any friends and family that would like to see! Ha! 
Jimmy Carter is 87 years old so those of you who would like to add this item to your bucket list should go soon.  Though, he is in great shape.  After teaching Sunday School yesterday, he was flying to Egypt to help moderate their democratic elections for the week through his democracy work at the Carter Center.   I don't know too many people approaching 90 years old could keep up with him.  Must be the peanuts and the good Southern cookin'!


The next big , huge, magnanimous item that occured was that Marcus and I received TA- Travel Approval from China at 5: 15 PM today.  That means in about 3 weeks (right after Chinese New Year) we will be going to China to adopt Timothy and Samuel officially!  Now, we have to get packing!  Hope we can bring it all together in time! The last picture above is when the kids decorated our annual gingerbread house this holiday season!

No comments:

Post a Comment